Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: According to court documents, Reeves plead guilty and will be sentenced on December 19th.
A man is facing multiple charges following an investigation into sexual misconduct at a Florence nursing home.
Zachariah Reeves is being charged with first-degree sodomy and second-degree elder abuse following a reported interaction earlier this month at the Mitchell-Hollingsworth Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Florence.
The nursing home suspended Reeves after the incident, then fired him.
According, to a criminal complaint obtained by WAAY 31 details exactly what Florence Police accuse Zachariah Reeves of doing to a 68-year-old patient.
Florence Police say another assistant walked in on Reeves and a naked male patient at the nursing home. The court document shows Reeves begged that co-worker not to turn him in, but that assistant told a supervisor who called police.
The patient told investigators he hurt himself trying to push Reeves away.
In a statement, the nursing home's administrator said the facility is working with authorities on the case.
"To be clear, as Administrator of Mitchell-Hollingsworth for 14 years, this kind of incident has not happened before and we have a zero tolerance policy for inappropriate treatment of our residents," Brian Scheri said in the statement. "Our staff immediately and appropriately responded to this situation."
Scheri said background checks are conducted on all employees.
Reeves is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $60,000 bond.
- Court documents show nursing home patient tried to fight off sexual attack
- Florence police investigating reported 'sexual interaction' at nursing home
- A nursing home patient 'rotted to death' under nurses' care, Ohio attorney general says
- Federal court documents show Ed Henry, co-defendant intend to plea guilty
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Court documents: Man murdered in Madison home was stabbed with knife
- Court documents reveal dynamics in slain Limestone County household
- I-Team: State documents show Spencer stabbed another inmate, got into multiple fights and assaulted a corrections officer
- Police: Hospital behavioral patient caught raping patient
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case