BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - A 4-year-old girl was shot in the head when gunfire outside entered her family's apartment in Alabama.
News outlets report the little girl was taken to Children's of Alabama Sunday night, her condition unclear.
Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Johnny Williams says two people outside the girl's apartment got into an altercation. One fired a weapon and a round went into the building, striking the little girl.
Williams says no suspects are in custody. Officers were canvassing the area seeking witnesses.
AL.com says this shooting closes out a violent weekend in Birmingham. Three people were shot outside a night club early Sunday morning and two others were shot in the afternoon. Williams said none of these victims had life-threatening injuries.
- 4-year-old girl shot inside Alabama home by outside shootout
- Shootout inside Walmart store in Mobile leaves 2 dead
- Birmingham officer shot, suspect killed in downtown shootout
- Police arrest man suspected of shooting 4-year-old girl
- Flu leaves a 4-year-old girl blind in Iowa
- Woman shot, killed inside Birmingham grocery store
- Authorities: Girl, 15, shot and killed while hunting in Alabama
- Alabama inmate killed inside state prison
- Alabama soldiers welcomed home
- BayBears sign 4-year contract with LA Angels