JASPER, Ala. (AP) - Police say someone stole four boats and other equipment that an Alabama rescue squad uses to help save lives.
The Jasper Police Department posted a message on Facebook on Friday seeking help in locating items taken from Walker County Marine Search and Rescue.
Police say someone broke into the agency's building in Jasper over the last week. Four boats are gone plus an outboard motor, and authorities suspect the vessels have since been altered to disguise the ownership.
Authorities say the all-volunteer organization is also missing items including chainsaws, generators and other tools.
- 4 boats stolen from Alabama rescue squad
- Morgan County Rescue squad has 3 rescues in one day
- Rescue squad urging people to stay off the rivers
- Car pulled from Tennessee River by Morgan County Rescue Squad
- Morgan Co. Rescue Squad gearing up for Memorial Day weekend
- Guntersville Rescue Squad gears up for the Fourth of July
- Limestone County sheriff seeks stolen duck boat
- French boat rescues injured Indian sailor from yacht
- Rogersville firefighters rescue capsized boat on the Tennessee River
- Boating Crash Arrest