TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - A 3 year-old boy has died after being hit by a vehicle at a mall in Alabama.
Tuscaloosa Police Lt. Teena Richardson told news outlets the boy died around 8 p.m. Saturday at Children's Hospital in Birmingham.
Richardson said the boy was taken there after the crash at the University Mall late Saturday afternoon.
The child's mother was also hit and suffered a broken leg.
Their names have not been released.
The investigation is continuing. No charges have been filed.
- 3-year-old killed by vehicle at Alabama mall
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks police video
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks lower bond
- Carnival Cruise Lines inks 3-year agreement in Alabama
- Alabama mall manager fatally shot, 3 in custody
- Woman kicked out of Alabama mall for 'revealing' clothing
- City officials seek to release more on Alabama mall shooting
- Mall shooting suspect agrees on return to Alabama
- Defense attorney: Alabama mall shooting suspect not guilty