One person was critically injured in a wreck involving 8 vehicles at the intersection of Beltline Road and Old Moulton Road Tuesday morning.
The wreck happened just before 6:20 a.m., witnesses and emergency responders said.
Decatur Fire Department Battalion Chief Tracy Thornton said a vehicle ran into several others waiting at the intersection, causing it and another vehicle to burst into flames.
A bystander in one of the vehicles pulled people from the burning cars to safety, Thornton said.
Three people were injured, Thornton said. Two people had minor injuries and one person was critically injured. The injuries were cuts and burns, he said.
One person went to an area hospital in a personal vehicle, Thornton said. The other two were taken by ambulance to Decatr Morgan Hospital's Parkway Campus.
Decatur police asked that drivers avoid the area if possible.
Police expected traffic to be down to one lane until around 2 p.m. as cleanup continued.
- 3 injured in Decatur wreck involving 8 vehicles
- Man injured in Decatur wreck charged with auto theft
- School bus involved in two-vehicle wreck in Madison County
- 1 dead in Fayetteville wreck involving vehicle, tractor
- 6 people injured in wreck involving Huntsville city bus, SUV
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- Decatur man charged with causing 10-vehicle wreck
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Decatur wreck