The Madison County Sheriff's Office says a second arrest has been made stemming from the shooting death of 35-year-old Grant Binford of Hazel Green.
The shooting happened on February 5th around 8:45 p.m. in the 100 Block of Singletree Drive in Hazel Green. Deputies responded to a home and found Binford suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to a hospital and died about three weeks later.
The sheriff's office says U.S. Marshals recently found a second suspect, Charles Varise of Huntsville. He was booked in the Madison County Jail.
Both suspects are charged with murder. The sheriff's office says the case is still under investigation.
“Our investigators never gave up on this case and used all available resources to find both suspects. Our partnership with the U.S. Marshal Service through the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force proved to be a valuable tool in this case," Sheriff Kevin Turner said.
- 2nd suspect charged with murder in Feb. 5th shooting in Hazel Green
- Man charged with murder in Feb. 5 shooting in Hazel Green
- Murder suspect in Hazel Green home invasion, shooting was originally charged with assault
- Two suspects arrested in deadly shooting near Hazel Green
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Hazel Green house fire reported
- Suspect in iPhone theft case tied to Hazel Green robbery
- Madison County sheriff: Ex-girlfriend shoots man in Hazel Green
- Investigators: Woman wanted in connection to Hazel Green shooting