There’s another team besides the Crimson Tide football team getting ready to take the field at the 2018 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band is 400 strong. It has members from across the country. But, we always like to focus on the members from North Alabama.
This weekend, in an exclusive All Access visit to the Million Dollar Band practice at the Superdome, we spoke with musicians from Buckhorn, Bob Jones and Sparkman high schools in Madison County. They are all seniors who’ve had incredible college careers rolling with the winning Tide.
Be sure to see these talented performers. Watch WAAY 31's special contributor Erin Dacy along with sports anchor MaryLee Adams. They will host our All Access Alabama: Tide and Tigers special. Watch it tonight at 6:30 live from the Sugar Bowl. It's brought to you by your North Alabama Honda dealers and Window World.
The director of bands at the University of Alabama says fans at the Superdome can expect to see all of their favorite Alabama Band songs played. The halftime show is a “Lost Love” theme with classic hits like Percy Sledge’s 1966 song “When A Man Loves A Woman”. Percy, by the way, was born In Leighton.
- 2018 Sugar Bowl: Million Dollar Band ready to take field
- 2018 Sugar Bowl: Teams and fans ready for big entrance into Superdome
- 2018 Sugar Bowl and Crimson Tide's family values
- Saban vs. Swinney: coaches ready to square off in Sugar Bowl
- Sugar Bowl Win Could be Decided in the Trenches
- Countdown to bittersweet Sugar Bowl for the Crimson Tide
- Million Dollar Band: the other Alabama team practicing for Monday night
- University of Alabama's Million Dollar Band to perform in 2020 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- TVA land sells for $5 million dollars
- Multi-million dollar recreational complex under construction in Madison County