Developers plan to build 2,000 new homes in the city of Madison where Clift Family Farm currently sits.
Breland Companies purchased the 500 acres off Highway 72, which stretches from Wall Triana Highway to Balch Road back in December. The group plans to build residential properties and turn the sprawling property into a mixed-use development.
The Clift Farm, which sits directly across from the Target shopping center and Madison Hospital, would also include retail, restaurant and entertainment spaces adding to the ever expanding Highway 72 development.
Following the Toyota-Mazda announcement earlier this month, Madison Mayor Paul Finely told WAAY 31 the city could see significant population growth. Leland Companies spokesman Joey Ceci said they were also looking ahead and saw the opportunity to develop 2,000 residential properties over the next 5-10 years with the addition of 4,000 new jobs coming to the Tennessee Valley.
The developer has not yet announced an official ground breaking, but they have told WAAY 31 phase one of the multi-million dollar project could be completed as early as 2019.
- 2,000 New residential properties coming to Madison
- 550 acres of retail, residential, and medical combined coming to Madison
- Madison City Council approves property tax increase
- Huntsville could soon add 500 New residential properties near Redstone Arsenal
- Some parents doubt need for property tax increase in Madison
- Madison County inmate charged with destroying state property
- $27M development project coming to downtown Madison
- School improvements coming to Madison County Schools
- Margaritaville Hotel coming to Town Madison
- Resort style hotel coming to Town Madison