Two women have been arrested in Guntersville after being caught with drugs inside a dental office, according to officials with the Marshall County Drug Unit.
46-year-old Joanna Hazelrig and 27-year-old Sara Nicole Brooks were found inside Dr. Robert Haden's dental office after normal hours of operation on the night of Dec. 22.
Hazelrig was a long-time employee of Dr. Haden.
Officials say the women had drugs in plain sight, including heroin, meth, and oxycodone.
They say Hazelrig had been arrested for drugs before, when they were found inside her car.
She is now facing three counts of possessing controlled substances, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and promoting prison contraband.
Because the women were found with drugs inside the dental office, the Alabama Dental Board is now investigating the case.
WAAY 31 reached out to investigators on Friday but haven’t heard back.
WAAY 31 also went by the dental office on Friday, but it appeared to be closed and had a sign on the door that said the doctor wouldn’t be back until Jan. 15.
We will keep you updated as we learn more.
- 2 women arrested after drug bust at dental office in Guntersville, officials say
- Guntersville dentist back at work after drug bust in office
- Boaz police arrest two in drug bust
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- 9 suspects arrested in Somerville drug bust
- Guntersville City Council member arrested in Albertville
- 2 women arrested after DeKalb County car chase, meth bust
- PHOTOS: 8 arrested in Madison hotel drug bust
- PHOTOS: Seven arrested in Jackson County drug bust