Huntsville Police have arrested a man for killing Devonte Bone.
Demetrius Childs, 22, was charged with Capital Murder, Shooting into an Occupied Vehicle and Assault in the second degree.
According to authorities, Childs turned himself in to Huntsville Police at 8:00 pm Friday. The shooting was a result of an ongoing argument between Childs and Bone for several weeks.
Devonte Bone, 23, died from multiple gunshot wounds shortly after arriving at Huntsville Hospital Thursday night, Madison County Deputy Coroner Tyler Berryhill said.
Thursday night, officers responded to a shooting call at the Westlake Apartment complex on Sparkman Drive.
Investigators said two people were shot in a car at the complex. Bone was in the driver's seat, police said.
The other, a teenager in the back seat, suffered a minor gunshot wound and went to the hospital in a personal car. Officials said he was treated and released.
Huntsville Police haven't said if they have any suspects yet in this case and no arrests have been announced.
- Man responsible for deadly Huntsville shooting turned himself in
- Huntsville police officers cleared in deadly shooting
- Huntsville Taco Bell reopens after deadly shooting
- Fourth arrest made in deadly Huntsville shooting
- UPDATE: Huntsville shooting suspect turns himself in
- Standoff with Tuscumbia Police turns deadly
- Police chief defends Huntsville officers' deadly shooting of Haraesheo Rice
- Huntsville officers cleared in deadly Savoy Circle police shooting
- Victim identified in Huntsville's Budget Inn deadly shooting
- Names released after deadly shooting at Huntsville IHOP