Family displaced after accidental house fire Sunday morning

No one was injured by the fire.

Posted: May 16, 2021 3:24 PM
Updated: May 16, 2021 3:58 PM

Huntsville Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire early Sunday morning. 

It happened off 9th Avenue SW around 5 a.m.

Two adults are displaced but are not injured. The Red Cross is assisting them. 

Fire Marshal Daniel Wilkerson said it was accidental and caused by electrical issues. 

Huntsville
Partly Cloudy
65° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 65°
Florence
Partly Cloudy
70° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 70°
Fayetteville
Clear
65° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 65°
Decatur
Partly Cloudy
67° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 62°
Feels Like: 67°
Scottsboro
Partly Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 61°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events