Law enforcement officials in Lauderdale County say 2 people are dead after a Thursday morning house fire.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office said the fire took place on County Road 67.
The call came in about 5:45 a.m.
Lexington police said two people died and the state fire marshal’s office is investigating.
The Lexington and Anderson volunteer fire departments are on the scene, in addition to the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
Lexington, Elgin, Greenhill, Center Star, Anderson, and Killen volunteer fire departments all responded to the fire.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for more details as we get them.
- 2 people dead in Lauderdale County house fire
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- House fire displaces a child and grandmother in Lauderdale County
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Elderly couple and their dog die in Lauderdale County house fire
- Fire destroys 100 bales of cotton in Lauderdale County
- Weather damage clean up in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Lauderdale County woman fights off alleged groper