At 7 a.m. today and Tuesday, Huntsville Utilities will close the following roads and lanes in downtown Huntsville for underground utility work:⠀
* Clinton Avenue - northbound lane closed between Washington Street and Jefferson Street⠀
* Washington Street - closed at the intersection with Clinton Avenue⠀
The work is expected to last nine hours, said Todd Long, company spokesperson.. ⠀
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible. Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience. If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- 2 downtown Huntsville roads closed for utility work
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue
- Downtown Huntsville's Sam and Greg's closing down
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville Utilities explains energy consumption
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam
- Portion of Church Street in Huntsville closing for road work
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville Utilities closing lanes, roads for gas main upgrades
- Portion of Old Highway 431 being closed for Huntsville Utilities work
- Huntsville Utilities crews temporarily suspending travel along Winchester Road