We now know the identities of the two men who died following what the Morgan County Sheriff's Office describes as a possible murder-suicide.
The shooting happened along Morrow Mountain Road near Somerville.
Kenneth Guinn, 69, and Jeffrey McDonald, 58, were found dead.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office told WAAY-31 they're still looking into what happened to cause the two men to shoot at each other, but we do know investigators allegedly say Jeffrey McDonald shot Kenneth Guinn and then possibly shot himself.
The sheriff's office had several patrol cars at a home on Morrow Mountain Road. They believe the shooting happened inside the white colored home.
Details are limited, but the sheriff's office told us this seemed to be an isolated incident and the public has nothing to fear.
The two men were not related and the nature of their relationship has not been determined. So far, we only know they lived separately on McDonald's property.
This is an ongoing investigation and the Morgan County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's office are involved.
Two people are dead after a shooting in Morgan County on Saturday.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of Morrow Mountain Road in the Apple Grove community just before 4 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Investigators said two male victims were found at the home. They are investigating the crime as a murder-suicide.
The men have been identified as Somerville residents, Kenneth Fay Guinn, 69, and Jeffrey Allen McDonald, 58. The nature of the shooting is still under investigation.
- 2 dead in murder-suicide in Morgan County
- Two dead in apparent Morgan County murder-suicide
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- ‘Distraught’ Marshall County murderer Daniel Miner caught in Morgan County
- Escaped Morgan County inmate found dead in Florida
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- 1 Somerville man dead, 1 injured in Morgan County crash
- UPDATE: Morgan County deputies arrest murder suspect after chase
- Morgan County deputies wreck update