UPDATE: The 15-year-old suspect has been released from the hospital and is facing two charges of Capital Murder.
Two women are dead following a fatal stabbing in Limestone County.
According to the Limestone County Sheriff's Office, the stabbing happened on West Schoolhouse Road in what preliminary evidence indicates was a domestic altercation and eventually a suicide attempt by the suspect.
When deputies arrived, they found the 15-year-old suspect stabbing herself in the head and neck area with a knife. She was transported to Huntsville Hospital where she is currently being treated.
The victims were the 19-year-old sister of the suspect, Rosa Lee Maldonado, and the mother of the suspect, Rosa Aminta Maldonado. They were both pronounced dead at the scene, and Blakely said they had multiple stab wounds.
At this point in time, a motive for the stabbing is unknown. A search warrant was issued, and deputies searched the home as standard procedure.
Law enforcement officials said they had responded to several calls of family disputes at the location prior to the incident and that the mother and daughter had tried to isolate themselves from the suspect, who is a West Limestone High School student. School officials told us there were grief counselors on hand for students today.
This is an open investigation and WAAY31 will update this web story with the latest information.
- UPDATE: Limestone County teen fatally stabs mother and sister
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Victims identified in fatal Limestone County shooting
- Teen recovering after fatal crash in Limestone Co.
- Inmate fatally stabbed in Bibb County
- Police investigate fatal stabbing in DeKalb County
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Documents: Limestone County mother arrested after 2-year-old eats meth
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed, several others injured
- Friend raising money for teen recovering from fatal crash in Limestone Co.