On Tuesday, the DeKalb County Drug and Major Crimes Task Force, DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson County Drug Unit, and Rainsville Police Department conducted a search warrant at 2850 Kirk Road in Rainsville.
Agents located a large amount of methamphetamine as well as prescription pills and assorted drug paraphernalia, according to a press release from DeKalb County Sheriff Nick Welden.
John Tyler Whitmire, 28, of Rainsville was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of prescription medication, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
On Wednesday, Task Force agents stopped a vehicle on Highway 35 near County Road 97 for a traffic violation. The vehicle occupant, Jonathan Wade Robinson, 33, of Sylvania was confirmed to have active felony warrants with the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, Welden’s release said.
During the arrest, he was found to be in possession of a large amount of methamphetamine, a set of digital scales, and a syringe. Robinson was charged with possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, two failure to appear warrants, and a probation violation.
Welden said of the arrests: “I greatly appreciate the hard work being put in by the Drug Task Force and all of our staff to fight hard to get drugs off of our streets and away from our young people.
“We will continue to work hard and work with other departments to make our county and communities safer.”
- 2 charged in DeKalb County meth busts
- 2 women arrested after DeKalb County car chase, meth bust
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- 5 arrested in Jackson County meth bust
- DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office: Citizen tip leads to meth bust, arrest
- Meth, cocaine, stolen gun found in DeKalb County traffic stop
- DeKalb County Sheriff: Former police officer found with marijuana, meth
- 4 arrested in Jackson County meth, prescription pill bust