Photo Gallery 3 Images
Update: Huntsville police confirm three suspects are in custody for disorderly conduct. They are 26-year-old Carlos Montez Chaverst from Birmingham, 33-year-old Garrick Rex Rawls from Madison and 47-year-old Brandy Michelle McCollum from Hobson City.
A police spokesperson, Lt. Michael Johnson, says they were all arrested for laying on the roadway on the parade route. He says he does not have complete charges at this time.
Two people were arrested Monday afternoon while staging a "die-in" in protest of the Madison police shooting of Dana Fletcher, according an organizer of the protest, Frank Matthews.
The protesters were taken into custody at the Veterans Day Parade in downtown Huntsville. They laid on the ground and police pulled them up and put them in handcuffs, Matthews said.
Madison County Jail records show one of the protesters, Carlos Chaverst, Jr., is charged with disorderly conduct. Chaverst shared a video on Facebook of the incident.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- Memorial service held for Dana Fletcher in Huntsville
- Watch: Huntsville Madison NAACP town hall on death of Dana Fletcher in Madison police shooting
- Internal review clears Madison Police Department officers in shooting death of Dana Fletcher
- Civil rights attorney, Dana Fletcher family speak about Madison police shooting
- Activists hold conference in response to shooting of Dana Fletcher by Madison police
- Madison County Sheriff’s Office concludes investigation into police shooting of Dana Fletcher