Two inmates at the Marshall County Jail have been charged after contraband was found in their cells.
Assistant Chief Steve Guthrie said corrections officers recovered contraband in two of the cell blocks over the weekend. They found two cell phones in addition to other items.
Guthrie said Skylar O’Brian Havis was charged with promoting prison contraband, and Tyler T. Baca was charged with promoting prison contraband and tampering with physical evidence.
Searches of cells in the jail are being conducted daily, Guthrie said.
- 2 Marshall County inmates charged with having contraband in jail
- Four Marshall County jailers charged with smuggling contraband
- Marshall County Jail inmate charged with jewelry theft
- Sheriff: Inmate kills himself in Marshall County jail
- Sweep of Morgan County Jail uncovers marijuana, illegal contraband
- Inmate charged after ropes of tobacco, drugs found at Marshall County Jail
- Alabama prison guard faces contraband charges
- US Marshals catch escaped Colbert County inmate
- Repairs coming to the Marshall County Jail
- Marshall County sheriff’s son arrested, jailed