UPDATE (6:50 a.m.):
Calhoun Community College said the wreck happened at the Phase Three building at the Alabama Robotics Technology Park.
The fire damaged part of the building that houses classrooms and the lobby. College officials said all classes in that building are cancelled for the rest of the week "because of the crash and the investigation." This affects the FAME classes.
FAME (Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education) classes will now meet in Calhoun’s Advanced Technology Center (ATC) until further notice. For more information, please contact Terry Patterson, Calhoun’s coordinator for advanced manufacturing collaborative programs at 256-306-2915 or email at email@example.com
The college "will have more updates later in the week about rescheduling and relocating affected classes."
It’s unclear when students will be allowed back into building or how much it will cost to make repairs. Crews are continuing to clean up and this is an ongoing investigation.
The Alabama Robotics Technology Park will need repairs after an 18-wheeler crashed into the side of the facility late Tuesday night.
Decatur Fire & Rescue said that wreck happened around 11:45 p.m.
When the 18-wheeler hit the building, it caught fire, which spread to the building.
Fire officials said the truck driver only had minor injuries and did not require transportation to the hospital.
The cause of the wreck is under investigation. No one was inside the building at the time of the wreck.
- 18-wheeler crashes into Alabama Robotics Technology Park, catches fire
- 18-wheeler catches fire in Memorial Parkway parking lot
- Officials: Crash, fire did more damage to Alabama Robotics Technology Park than previously thought
- Road reopened after 18-wheeler crash
- Repairs to Alabama Robotics Technology Park in Decatur expected to last 6 to 8 months
- Surgical robots bound for Alabama
- Wrecked 18-wheeler blocks Florence traffic
- Overturned 18-wheeler near Zierdt Road
- I-65 Southbound back open after an overturned 18-wheeler crash
- Alabama updating 911 system with newer technology