A 17-year-old drowned Sunday afternoon at Lake Guntersville State Park Beach, according to Marshall County Coroner Cody Nugent.
Nugent identified the teen as Albertville resident Martin Sebastian. He said the drowning appears to be accidental.
Guntersville Fire Department and the Guntersville Rescue Squad responded along with park rangers to the beach near the campground for what at the time was a possible drowning.
The 911 call went out shortly before 1 p.m. Sunday evening.
Nugent said the teenager got into a particularly deep part of the water when the drowning occurred.
- 17-year-old Albertville drowning victim identified at Lake Guntersville State Park Beach
- DeSoto State Park drowning victim identified
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Possible fatal wreck in Guntersville near Albertville
- 'I can't believe it:' Family wants security changes after teen drowned in Lake Guntersville
- HydroFest is this weekend at Lake Guntersville
- Lake Guntersville named nation's second-best bass fishing lake
- Person shot in Albertville
- Family talks about Guntersville's double homicide victims
- Marshall County Sheriff’s Office identifies man found dead in Lake Guntersville