Photo Gallery 2 Images
Update: McKenzie says the car went down the hill and took out three brick columns that were supporting the carport, but it didn’t hit the house itself. However, crews are taping the house off because of the loss of structural integrity.
Part of the car is hanging off some steps to a lower part of the property. Huntsville police are working to locate the homeowner.
McKenzie says the driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
One person was taken to the hospital Friday afternoon after a vehicle hit a house in Huntsville.
The vehicle hit a home on Garth Road SE and Chandler Road SE, according to Huntsville Fire and Rescue Captain Frank McKenzie. He says there is some damage to the house.
WAAY 31 has a reporter on the way to the scene and will update this story.
- Driver taken to hospital after hitting Huntsville home’s carport
- Huntsville firefighters respond to fire on carport
- Huntsville Police: DUI driver hits City of Huntsville security car
- Driver hospitalized after two vehicles collide in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police looking for driver that hit teen
- Huntsville police: Driver critically injured after hitting parked vehicle
- 4 taken to hospital in Huntsville hit-and-run
- Woman hospitalized after being hit on Jordan Lane in Huntsville
- Huntsville man hospitalized after being hit by train
- Police say truck hit, damaged Huntsville Hospital bridge