Madison County investigators say one was shot and multiple suspects are in custody following a money dispute in Hazel Green.
Deputies were called to the scene of Joe Quick Road and Jimmy Fisk Road around 1 p.m. Tuesday after receiving a call about gunshots in the area.
Witnesses say they saw a vehicle leave the scene, and when deputies arrived, they found a gunshot victim at a home on Walt Campbell Road. Medics took the gunshot victim to Huntsville Hospital, but that person's condition was not released.
Investigators learned where the two suspects were located and took them into custody. The suspects are being interviewed, and it appears that the dispute started over a money issue.
The case remains under investigation, and deputies plan to release new details when they become available.
- 1 shot in Hazel Green over money dispute, deputies say
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Sunday's storm causes damage in Hazel Green
- Hazel Green teen killed in car crash
- Hazel Green man killed in wreck
- Hazel Green High School names new principal
- Deputies search for man who drove car into Hazel Green business
- Two suspects arrested in deadly shooting near Hazel Green
- Suspect in iPhone theft case tied to Hazel Green robbery