Update: Alabama State Troopers have identified the victim as 39-year-old Calvin Deshawn Bledsoe. They say he was struck and killed by a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado truck while walking in the highway.
Bledsoe died at the scene. The driver of the truck was not injured.
One person is dead after a vehicle struck a pedestrian, according to Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc. (HEMSI).
The collision happened shortly before 7 p.m. on Highway 72 near the intersection of Dug Hill Road and Wall Road. HEMSI officials confirmed the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Huntsville Police, Huntsville Fire and Rescue, the Madison County Sheriff's Office and Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) State Troopers also responded to the Sunday night crash.
The wreck scene is not blocking traffic.
- Troopers identify man hit and killed by vehicle in Madison County
- Utah trooper hit by vehicle
- Alabama State Troopers identify man killed after car hit by train in Limestone County
- Troopers, deputies chase driver in Madison County
- Marshall County man killed after tractor trailer hit his vehicle
- Troopers: Hit-and-run driver admits he killed Leighton man
- Man killed by train in Madison County
- Madison police charge man in vehicle burglaries
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting