UPDATE (7:04 p.m.)
Huntsville Police said both the victim and the suspect involved in the shooting are minors. The male victim was taken to Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children.
One person was taken to the hospital Saturday afternoon after Huntsville Police following a shooting during a cookout gathering. It happened in the 3200 block of Tucker Drive.
The victim was taken to Huntsville Hospital, but police have not confirmed the severity of the victim's injuries.
Police said one person has been detained in connection to the shooting.
A neighbor told WAAY 31 they heard gunshots around 3:25 p.m.
WAAY 31 has a reporter on the scene and we will update this story as more information becomes available.
- 1 minor injured, 1 minor detained in shooting during Huntsville cookout
- Accidental shooting leaves Alabama child with minor injuries
- Minor injuries reported in Shields Road wreck
- Two men arrested for sexually abusing minors
- Tanner Elementary students involved in minor wreck
- Minor injuries reported in Madison County crash
- Huntsville police: 1 hurt, 2 detained in shooting
- Mazda Toyota sets goals for minority and women-owned business work in Huntsville, Limestone
- Madison 'exploring an opportunity' to build minor league baseball stadium
- Madison fields its option for Minor League ballpark