Traffic on Highway 431 South at Cave Springs was shut down for nearly an hour after two horses were hit by two drivers. One horse died on the road and another was taken to be treated by a veterinarian.
According to a woman who lives in the area, the horses belonged to people who just moved to the area three days ago. The same neighbor told us the horses were somehow able to get out of a newly erected fencing.
The horse that died was buried by police on the owners' property. WAAY 31 did not see the owners of the horse return home. We were told by police they were with their other horse at the veterinarian clinic.
None of the drivers involved in the accident were hurt.
- 1 horse dead, 1 injured after Hwy. 431 crash
- Woman hurt in US 431 crash
- HWY 431 back open after crews removed gravel truck from ditch
- Locals stop and stare at flooded fields off Old Hwy 431
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Albertville police investigate road rage shooting on US 431
- Morning wreck blocks Highway 431 in Hazel Green
- One dead, another injured in Guntersville car crash
- Jackson County man dead after vehicle struck horse, overturned
- Downed utility pole, fire cause US 431 to shut down in New Hope