Photo Gallery 1 Images
Wednesday, the Florence City School Board of Education approved buying land surrounding Florence High School for possible future expansion.
The board members met Wednesday morning and approved spending a little over $130,000 on 1.5 acres of land.
Florence city school officials said the land is off of Mars Hill Road behind Florence High School's soccer and athletic fields. School officials said they are in the early stages of the purchasing process. They said the land could be used to add more athletic facilities in the future.
"If it's a good spot of land for them then I am sure they will appreciate having that," said Florence resident, Logan Erwin.
It will be up to the board of education to decide what the land will be used for. Once the final sale is complete the school system said they would release more details on who they bought the land from.
- Florence School board approves buying 1.5 acres
- State board approves request for cancer center in Florence
- Bids approved for Florence school repairs
- Knoxville based company buys 900 acres of TVA property
- Board approves $1M Huntsville High School softball facility upgrade
- School board approves contract for interim superintendent position
- Florence fire trucks approved to be built
- TVA board approves grid access charge
- Huntsville Board of Education approves 2019 budget
- Alabama holiday shopping to top $1.5 billion