(AP) - Police say a teen has been arrested after the slaying of a Baltimore County, Maryland, police officer, and three other suspects are still being sought.
The Baltimore County Police and Fire Department said Tuesday on Twitter that the 16-year-old was arrested shortly after the female officer was fatally injured Monday. The police tweet did not explain the delay in announcing the teen's apprehension. The teen's name was not immediately released. Police said he is awaiting a bail hearing.
The officer was fatally wounded while investigating a report of a suspicious vehicle in a greater Baltimore suburb. The suspects were considered armed and dangerous.
Baltimore County Police Cpl. Shawn Vinson said Monday evening that heavily armed police - backed by trained dogs and aircraft - were conducting the wide manhunt in and around Perry Hall, Maryland, where the office was fatally injured Monday afternoon.
- Teen arrested after officer killed on duty
- Off-duty officer, respiratory therapist save teen basketball player during tournament using CPR
- Kentucky off-duty officer shot and killed by police impersonator, authorities say
- Georgia police officer killed in the line of duty honored -- by jail inmates
- Georgia pair arrested for role in jury duty scam
- Dad identifies teen killed in officer-involved shooting
- Nampa police officer arrested
- Jury duty romance leads to wedding bells
- LAPD Officer Charged With 3 Counts of Murder in Suspected Off-Duty DUI Crash in Whittier
- Off-duty officer tackles stabbing suspect after hearing woman's cries for help