Porn star's lawyer says Russian paid Trump attorney Cohen
Eds: APNewsNow. With AP Photos.
WASHINGTON (AP) - Stormy Daniels' lawyer says he has information showing that President Donald Trump's longtime personal attorney received $500,000 from a Russian billionaire within months of paying hush money to Daniels.
Daniels is a porn star who claims she had a tryst with Trump.
Lawyer Michael Avenatti released no documents to support the claim and did not reveal the source of his information. But he released a memo Tuesday detailing what he said were wire transfers going into and out of the account Michael Cohen used to pay Daniels $130,000.
The memo states that Viktor Vekselberg, a Russian billionaire, and his cousin routed the money to Cohen's company between January and August 2017.
Avenatti speculated without proof that the money may have been used to replenish Cohen's account.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/8/2018 6:17:16 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Porn star's lawyer says Russian paid Trump attorney Cohen
- Trump's lawyer admits he paid a porn star. Legal questions remain.
- Trump's lawyer says he paid $130,000 to porn star ahead of election
- AT&T confirms it paid Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's company
- WSJ: Cohen paid porn star through private LLC created just weeks before election
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer: US company linked to Russian oligarch paid $500,000 to Cohen
- Trump lawyer Michael Cohen hints at flipping
- Russian lawyer in Trump Tower meeting charged
- Trump called attorney Michael Cohen on Friday
- Attorney: Cohen will not seek Trump pardon