APNewsBreak: Mueller team questions Trump friend Tom Barrack
Eds: APNewsNow. Will be updated.
By TOM LoBIANCO, JONATHAN LEMIRE and ALAN SUDERMAN
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Associated Press has learned that investigators working with special counsel Robert Mueller have interviewed Tom Barrack, a close friend and confidant of President Donald Trump.
Three people familiar with the probe tell the AP that Barrack met with federal investigators working on the Russia inquiry. The people spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss private deliberations.
Barrack's spokeswoman, Lisa Baker, declined to comment.
Barrack has known Trump for decades. He's been one of Trump's closest advisers through the 2016 campaign and into the administration. Barrack also is a leading fundraiser for the president and oversaw the fundraising for the inauguration.
Barrack has a longstanding relationship with Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort's onetime deputy, Rick Gates.
Gates agreed to begin cooperating with Mueller's investigators in February.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/5/2018 12:13:38 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Mueller team questions Trump friend Tom Barrack
- Trump friend Tom Barrack was interviewed by special counsel team in December
- Tom Barrack, CEO and Trump friend, drops out of Saudi conference
- Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs
- Mueller's team questioned John Kelly
- Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing Fast Facts
- Trump slams 'disgraceful' leak of Mueller questions
- Trump's lawyers preparing answers to Mueller's questions
- Trump lawyers prepare answers to Mueller questions
- Trump: I wrote answers to Mueller's questions