A 3-year-old boy has been hospitalized in Alabama after police say he was beaten and burned by his mother's boyfriend after the child accidentally used the bathroom on himself.
The Selma Times-Journal reports 29-year-old Rakeem J. Harris is charged with aggravated child abuse and second-degree assault. Selma Police Chief Spencer Collier says Harris was released on a $100,000 bond after turning himself in to police.
It was not immediately clear whether Harris is represented by an attorney. Collier says Harris denies burning the boy.
The boy's mother told police the beating happened Wednesday. But Collier says reports indicate that the injuries happened Tuesday and the child did not receive medical treatment until Thursday.
- Man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son
- Detroit father charged in shooting of his 3-year-old son
- 26-year-old charged with near-deadly beating of 3-year-old
- Immigration attorney represented 3-year-old
- Father takes late son's girlfriend to high school prom
- Sarah Palin's oldest son charged with beating up his father
- Man accused of killing girlfriend's 2-year-old son pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison for death of girlfriend's 2-year-old son
- PD: Man assaulted, strangled pregnant girlfriend
- Man Uses Billboard To Propose To Girlfriend