If you didn't win the nearly $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot, $750 million might be a nice consolation prize.
That second figure was the potential jackpot the Powerball stood at early Thursday after there was no winner Wednesday night. The numbers drawn were 3, 21, 45, 53, 56, and the Powerball was 22.
Amusements and gaming
Leisure and lifestyle
Unlike the Mega Millions, whose odds were 1 in 302 million, the Powerball has better chances of 1 in 292.2 million. If there is a winner, it would be the one of the largest jackpots in US history.
Powerball has climbed since the last winning ticket in New York took home the jackpot in August, and has had 20 drawings since then without a winner.
Each Powerball ticket is $2. The game is played in 44 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
The largest Powerball jackpot of $1.586 billion was split three ways in January 2016.
- Powerball winning numbers are ...
- Powerball winner's emotional reaction
- New York man wins $343 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- Powerball + Mega Millions = $690 million
- Mega Millions winning numbers are ...
- These are your odds of winning Powerball or Mega Millions
- Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots total $420M
- Powerball jackpot grows to $550 million
- By the Numbers: Juneteenth
- $191.1M Powerball jackpot claimed in Louisiana, largest in state history