(CNN) -- Hurricane Maria caused an estimated 2,975 deaths in Puerto Rico, according to a new report from George Washington University. Researchers calculated excess deaths that occurred in the US commonwealth between September 2017 and February 2018. The study was commissioned by the Puerto Rican government after the September 2017 storm. The estimated death toll is far higher than the current official toll of 64.
(CNN) -- Hurricane Maria caused an estimated 2,975 deaths in Puerto Rico, according to a new report from ...
Posted: Aug 28, 2018 8:31 PM
- URGENT - Hurricane Maria caused 2,975 deaths in Puerto Rico, new study estimates
- How Puerto Rico's death toll climbed from 64 to 2,975 in Hurricane Maria
- Puerto Rico revises Hurricane Maria death toll
- Puerto Rico native reflects on Hurricane Maria
- Puerto Rico admits Hurricane Maria's death toll may be 1,427
- Hurricane Maria killed 2,975 people in Puerto Rico. It's the second deadliest US storm in over a century.
- URGENT - Puerto Rico revising Hurricane Maria death toll after report, governor says
- 130,000 left Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, Census Bureau says
- Trump sends Carson to Puerto Rico for Hurricane Maria anniversary
- This is Puerto Rico's 'Maria Generation'
Scroll for more content...