Police are investigating after a nearly $9,000 chalice was stolen from Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church over the weekend.
The church is located at 2700 E. Mechanic St.
The chalice is described as being gold plated silver, approximately 8-10 inches tall, with two red stones in the base. There is a plate on the bottom that reads "Ian Michael Murphy May 19, 2012 Deus filius meis delectus."
The chalice is valued at $8,000 to $9,000 and has great sentimental value, Harrisonville police say.
If located, please call the Harrisonville Police Department at 816-380-8940.
- $9K golden chalice stolen from Catholic church
- Sex abuse scandal in Catholic Church
- Report: German Catholic Church to admit abuse
- Virginia attorney general investigating the Catholic Church
- 'Jeopardy James' is $9K shy of passing the $2 million mark
- Bishop says Catholic Church suffers from 'crisis of sexual morality'
- Clergy abuse survivors push for federal investigation into Catholic Church
- Germany's Catholic Church 'dismayed and ashamed' by child sex abuse
- US Justice Department investigating Catholic Church in Pennsylvania, Buffalo
- D.C. attorney general launches investigation into Catholic Church