A 13-year-old boy was arrested after sheriff's officials said he brought a gun to San Marcos Middle School Monday.
San Diego County sheriff's officials said deputies were called to the school Monday after a student told school administrators that a classmate had a gun in his backpack.
Sheriff's officials said the boy admitted to having an unloaded .22-caliber handgun in the bag.
Deputies arrested the boy and booked him into Juvenile Hall.
According to sheriff's officials, it doesn't appear that any threats were made against the school.
- Student arrested, accused of bringing gun to San Marcos Middle School
- Marco Rubio Fast Facts
- Middle school student arrested for bringing loaded firearm onto school campus in Hillsborough County
- Parents accused of fighting middle school student at bus stop
- Elkhorn middle school student accused of making terroristic threats
- Lanier HS student facing charges after bringing gun to school
- 'Marco Polo' producer accuses Harvey Weinstein of multiple sexual assaults
- Students injured after shooting at middle school
- Middle school students participate in walkout
- Student age 12 charged for bringing fake gun to school and pointing at students