St. Pete Police arrested a man who they say broke-in to a couple's home and stole bottles of booze.
The man was found half-dressed in their backyard leaving behind empty bottles of wine and beer.
"He drank a full bottle of champagne, a full bottle of wine, three beers," said homeowner Jim Laurence.
Police arrested 53-year-old Brettan Houldin for burglary.
When officers arrived they found him half-dressed in the backyard with a wine bottle stolen from the home.
"He was trying to get another bottle of wine open, but couldn't find a corkscrew," said Laurence.
Police said the suspect defecated throughout the house and fell asleep on the couch.
"His pants were still there! I mean it was awful. The place was filthy dirty," said Laurence.
The couple said they woke up a few times in the middle of the night, but never realized someone was inside their home.
The couple said they left their door open for their dog to go in and out. They said they won't do that anymore.
"That's still no invitation for any person to come into your home and do what he did," said Laurence.
Houldin remains in jail on a $20,000 bond.
- Florida man breaks into home, steals alcohol, falls asleep on couch
- Modigliani's controversial 'Nu couch-' painting breaks auction record
- Quadriplegic man says home was broken into while asleep
- Pilot falls asleep and overshoots island destination by 30 miles
- Ethan Couch of 'affluenza' case released from jail
- Trump: I fell asleep during Obama speech
- Baggage handler falls asleep in plane's cargo hold in Kansas City, wakes up in Chicago
- John King breaks down the Florida races
- Police: Girl, 5, found asleep with loaded gun on chest in filthy home
- Man wanted for stealing puppy during home invasion