Someone call the Avengers, there's been a theft.
The Los Angeles Police Department tells CNN it is investigating a burglary during which it believes the costume from the first "Iron Man" film was taken.
Detectives from LAPD's Foothill division are leading the investigation into the burglary, which took place on Weidner Street in Pacoima, a neighborhood in Los Angeles.
The burglary was reported on May 8.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the suit, featured in the 2008 film, is valued at $325,000.
The suit worn by Robert Downey Jr.'s superhero character has evolved since the first film, adopting more modern qualities in subsequent films and in the "Avengers" movies.
- Original Iron Man suit goes missing
- Un robo de película: se llevaron el traje original de Iron Man
- Meet Britain's real-life Iron Man
- Origin of 'ghost particle' found
- Trump's McCarthyism charge is deeply ironic
- 'Iron Chef' fights chronic pain with food
- Furloughed worker: Ironic Congress gets paid
- Original Eiffel Tower staircase goes on sale
- Depression in the C-suite
- Addiction in the C-suite