A man was arrested after he beat up a couple of teenage boys who ding-dong ditched him in Queen Creek on Saturday night, said the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
Johnathan Larocque was booked into jail on an aggravated assault charge.
According to deputies, several kids were ringing doorbells and then running away, also known as ding-dong ditching, near Ellsworth Road and East Riggs Road.
Larocque had his doorbell rung and then went after them.
The father of one of the victims said Larocque punched one of the boys to the ground and then went after the second one.
"And then (he) grabs the second child, punches him out, apparently drags him to his own driveway or garage and continues to beat him for what kids witnessed a good 30 seconds of hammering our son in the face," the father said, who didn't want to be identified.
One of the boys called 911.
The second boy had to go to the hospital.
"He was unconscious. He wasn't aware of where he was that whole night," the father said. "In the hospital, they had to do CAT scans, they found he had a major concussion, broken bone in the face."
The father said there were also bruises and scratches.
"He could have killed my son. He's lucky he didn't die," the father said.
The teen was released from the hospital and is recovering at home. The father said he's worried about the psychological damage as well.
"It's going to change our family's life in a sad, sad way," the father said.
Larocque is 6-foot-4 inches tall and weighs 230 pounds.
"He's a psycho that's not normal human behavior to act like that," the father said.
MCSO said additional charges are possible and the investigation is ongoing.
- MCSO: Man assaults kids following prank in Queen Creek
- Man, 94, assaulted during dispute in Queens
- Teacher assaulted after Queens Pride Parade
- Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen pranks politicians
- Teen charged after fatal egg-throwing prank
- Nampa man pranks neighbors with "Gutterman" holiday decoration
- MCSO: Veteran arrested after claims he wired RV with explosives
- MCSO: Woman shoots at first responders after crash
- MCSO identifies man who drowned in Chickasabogue Park while fleeing officers
- SUV slams into Dairy Queen