A father was arrested after his toddler was found wandering on a street in East Windsor.
20-year-old Andrew Saez was charged with risk of injury to a minor, police said.
Officers were called around 1:45 a.m. on Friday. A resident reported that a small child was seen wandering on S. Water Street near its intersection with Bridge Street.
When police arrived, they found the child, whom they said was between 1 and 2 years old, only wearing a diaper.
The child was unable to communicate and was crying.
An ambulance was called and crews evaluated the child. The toddler was brought to a hospital.
Officers canvassed the area with a photo of the child in an attempt to locate the parents.
According to police, a front door was open at a residence on S. Water Street. The parents were found inside, asleep.
Saez was arrested and released on a $5,000 bond. He'll face a judge in Enfield Superior Court. on May 15.
Additional charges for the incident are possible, police said.
The Department of Children and Families was contacted and will investigate.
- 20-year-old father arrested after young child found wandering streets of East Windsor
- Man arrested after young child wanders away
- Pony found wandering Portland streets returned to owners
- Boyfriend arrested after 2-year-old found wandering neighborhood alone
- A day in Windsor when everything changed
- Yellowstone bison wanders into Idaho
- Harry and Meghan to move to Windsor ahead of arrival of first child
- 1-year-old found wandering alone on busy road
- Husband and wife sent to hospital after Windsor house fire
- Police: Suspect had 20-year-old grudge