A candlelight vigil was held in Nashville for Akilah Dasilva, who lost his life in the Waffle House mass shooting.
He was known by his friends as "Natrix" and so many of them gathered near the Parthenon Thursday night to honor him.
Could you add these two quotes from the vigil tonight to the WebScript? They are from Abede Dasilva, Natrix's brother.
Dasilva's brother said getting through the days following the shooting was extremely difficult.
"It's not easy. The only way I'm getting through this is because of the support we're getting from everybody. I'm seeing the text messages and the messages we get, and I appreciate it," he said.
He and other family members shared stories and memories of Dasilva's humor and love.
"I know one thing he would tell me is to keep pushing and keep everything going that we had planned."
Dasilva's girlfriend was with him at the Waffle House that night. She said he was killed while shielding her from the bullets.
- Vigil Honors Waffle House Victim Akilah Dasilva
- Waffle House shooting victims identified
- Early-morning vigil marks one week since Waffle House shooting
- Waffle House shooting victims include college students and an employee
- Waffle House shooting victim died singing gospel songs, CEO says
- Woman Arrested At Saraland Alabama Waffle House
- Bond Revoked For Accused Waffle House Shooter
- Waffle House helps FEMA assess storm damage
- Vigil for Parkland victims held in Newtown