A Los Angeles Police Department officer was hospitalized after being involved in a crash in North Hills Thursday morning.
The crash occurred about 5:50 a.m. at the intersection of Roscoe Boulevard and Noble Avenue, LAPD Officer No said.
Aerial video from Sky5 showed a patrol motorcycle down near the crosswalk. Authorities could be seen investigating a white car that came to a stop on the other side of the intersection, but it was unclear if the car was involved in the crash.
The officer was taken by ambulance to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills.
The officer's official condition was not known, but he was conscious and breathing, No said.
It was unclear if the officer was on-duty at the time of the crash.
No other injuries were immediately reported.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Officials expect the intersection to be closed for up to eight hours for the investigation, the LAPD tweeted.
- LAPD Motorcycle Officer Hospitalized Following Crash
- LAPD: Employee killed by officer's bullet
- LAPD officer allegedly caught fondling corpse
- LAPD Officer Being Investigated in Sexual Assault of Minor
- Trader Joe's employee was killed by officer's bullet, LAPD says
- LAPD releases video of officers shooting knife-wielding man, hostage
- LAPD releases video of officers accidentally shooting hostage
- LAPD responds to bear sighting in neighborhood
- LAPD Officer Charged With 3 Counts of Murder in Suspected Off-Duty DUI Crash in Whittier
- LAPD officer running from Bakersfield to Los Angeles to honor fallen officer