Several students from East Bakersfield High School were arrested by district police on Thursday after two fights broke out on campus, according to the Kern High School District.
There were two unrelated student fights at East High, according to KHSD spokesperson Lisa Krch.
Seven students were arrested by KHSD Police.
One fight was recorded and the behavior shown is "clearly unacceptable," Krch said.
The graphic video has been circulating social media. The video shows what appears to be a student being jumped and assaulted by a group of other students. The post claims the student suffered a broken neck and was hospitalized, but that has not been confirmed by KHSD.
KHSD said the incident has been investigated and appropriate student discipline will be implemented. The district cannot comment on student discipline due to FERPA laws protecting the individual right of students, Krch said.
- Seven students arrested after campus fights
- Maryland teacher arrested after fighting with student, police say
- Middle school student arrested for bringing loaded firearm onto school campus in Hillsborough County
- Student proposes in front of hundreds on campus
- Student proposes in front of hundreds on college campus
- LSU students find body on Southern's campus along Mississippi River
- Several students say they are being stalked on MTSU campus
- UGA bus driver arrested in campus carry mix up
- Three Arrested, Three Sought in Campus Stabbing Case
- Kansas chemistry teacher fights immigration arrest