A Mid-Michigan student was arrested after authorities say they threatened to harm students and staff on social media.
In a letter to parents Friday, Superintendent Clarence Garner said he received word late Thursday night that a Grand Blanc High School student posted a threat on social media, saying they planned to harm students and staff.
The information was immediately reported to the Grand Blanc City Police Department, Garner said. The student was arrested and taken into custody Thursday night.
"Whether the threat by the student was considered real or not is irrelevant. We are all aware that we live in a society today where incidents like these can't and will not be tolerated. As parents and guardians, I ask that you continue to speak with your children about the appropriate use of social media and remind them that they are responsible and accountable for what they post," Garner said.
- Grand Blanc student arrested after posting threat on social media
- Threatening social media posts lead to arrest of Darby student
- Man dies days after Grand Blanc Twp. bar shooting
- Clio High School student arrested after social media threat
- Police investigate Anti-Semitic social media post
- See suspect's disturbing social media posts
- Former high school student arrested after social media comment
- Social media star arrested on assault charges
- Egyptian activist detained over social media video post criticizing government
- Puppy Boutique Under Investigation After Pictures Posted on Social Media