A Virginia Beach woman was arrested Wednesday for a bomb hoax, according to the Virginia Beach Fire Department.
Authorities say around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, 33-year-old Crystal Mostek walked into a 7-Eleven store in the 2200 block of Pleasure House Road and placed a device on the counter, telling the clerk it was a bomb and threatening to blow up the store. Investigators later determined that the device was not a bomb.
Mostek has been charged with threatening to bomb and possession of a hoax device. She remains in custody at the Virginia Beach Jail.
Investigators have not released a motive for the hoax.
- Woman accused of threatening to bomb 7-Eleven
- Angry customer runs over 7-Eleven clerk
- Slurpee and go: 7-Eleven introduces mobile checkout
- Another nor'easter threatens just days after the deadly 'bomb cyclone'
- Bomb suspect threatened people on Twitter, and Twitter didn't act
- 2,000 7-Eleven customers possibly exposed to hepatitis A in Utah
- ICE immigration officers swoop in on 7-Elevens nationwide
- Woman finds bomb in front of porch
- Woman finds bomb on front porch
- Missouri woman finds bomb on front porch