Detroit police are investigating after a teen was shot in the back of the head while live on Instagram.
According to police, it happened in a home in the 17600 block of San Juan on the city's west side.
Police say just before midnight, two 18-year-old men were live on Instagram with guns and money. Per the suspect, he accidentally put his finger on the trigger and discharged the rifle, striking the other 18-year-old in the back of the head in the living room.
Police and medics arrived on scene and pronounced the man dead.
The other 18-year-old was taken into custody.
- Detroit man shot and killed while live on Instagram
- Four shot overnight in Detroit
- Two people killed in Detroit plane crash
- Black Lives Matter leader shot, killed
- Homeless man denied room at Detroit hotel
- Detroit police mourn officer who dies days after being shot
- PD: Woman, 92, shot, killed son over assisted living plans
- Man arrested in connection with hit-and-run that killed 8-year-old boy in Detroit
- Tristan Thompson breaks Instagram silence