The mother of two young children is facing murder charges after the kids were found dead in a vehicle in Superior on Monday night.
The Pinal County Sheriff's Office said detectives were called to the home near Richard Avenue and Palo Verde Drive around 11:15 p.m. after a 10-month-old and a 2-year-old were found dead in a car outside. Both children were found strapped in their car seats when officials arrived.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Navideh Forghani said evidence at the scene indicated foul play.
The mother of the two children, 20-year-old Brittany Velasquez, is facing two counts of murder.
An autopsy is being conducted, according to Forghani.
- Mother faces charges after two children found dead
- Mother facing murder charges after 2 kids found dead in Superior
- Mother wants justice for daughter found dead 2 months ago
- Mother arrested after infant found dead in dryer
- Mother charged with child abuse after 13-month-old found dead in Roberstdale
- Police say mother & 2 children killed, 3 other children injured, suspect dead
- DA identifies woman, children found dead inside West Brookfield home
- Mother of child swept away during Florence faces charges
- Turpin parents facing more charges in case of abused children
- What Mother's Day means for mothers of incarcerated children