Producers behind an upcoming biopic about Judy Garland have released the first image of Ren-e Zellweger as the late screen icon and it is striking.
"Judy," currently in production, is set in 1968 as the singer arrives in London to perform a series of sold out shows. Zellweger stars in the title role, with Rufus Sewell ("The Man in the High Castle") cast as Garland's ex-husband, Sidney Luft.
Garland died of an accidental overdose in the summer of 1969 at age 47.
Rupert Goold ("True Story") is set to direct. "Judy" is a joint production between Path-, BBC Films and Ingenious Media.
No release date has yet been announced for the project.
- Ren-e Zellweger as Judy Garland is uncanny
- Merrick Garland Fast Facts
- 'Annihilation' director Alex Garland responds to whitewashing criticism
- Judy Woodruff named sole anchor of 'PBS NewsHour'
- Mitch McConnell appears to have conveniently forgotten who Merrick Garland is
- Judi Dench typo at SAG Awards has Twitter on a 'roll'
- Former activist Judy Clark granted parole after nearly 40 years in prison over armored truck robbery