13 Action News spoke with a relative of Kuwait Abdul-Rahim. The man did not want his identity released because of his job. The family is grateful the child was found safe.
"I'm pretty sure he doesn't know exactly what's going on, but I'm sure he feels it," said the relative.
The relative also provided new details about what occurred in the moments before Amir Abdul-Rahim allegedly shot a neighbor.
"He mentioned to him... you probably want to take the baby inside," said the relative, "...he just flipped a switch."
Right now, police continue to search for the suspect. The relative wants Abdul-Rahim to surrender to detectives.
"The sheriff in Clark County has promised to catch criminals who commit violent crimes and it could end a nasty way," he said.
- Family grateful after abducted toddler is found safe
- Family of Avicii grateful for 'loving words' about late musician
- Why I'm grateful to Stephen Hawking
- Missing Pennsylvania toddler found dead, DA said
- Most toddlers still separated from families
- Gilad Shalit Abduction Fast Facts
- Family of abducted Tanzanian billionaire offer reward for information
- Toddler rescued from vent
- Toddler, 2, dies after he was found following Amber Alert, family confirms
- Charles Co. officers save 9 ducklings trapped in drain grate