When it came down to it, a Mid-Michigan police department was ready to take on one of the Earth's most foulest creatures.
The Essexville Public Safety Department said in a Facebook post that they received a call Wednesday morning from a concerned citizen who reported seeing a "Dementor" in Smith Park.
"This is particularly concerning since everyone knows muggles can't see dementors and because our only officer able to perform the Patronus charm is off duty," the department joked in their post.
Everyone knows if you get too close to a Dementor every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you.
Luckily, it was only a trash bag hanging from a tree.
"The Ministry of Magic assures us that all dementors are accounted for at Azkaban," the department said.
- Police take on 'Dementor' at Smith Park
- Happy 50th birthday, Will Smith!
- Fort Smith Police Arrest Man In Connection With Deadly Shooting
- Fort Smith Police Attend Medical Marijuana Amendment Training Course
- Torrey Smith takes a stand against Trump
- Gun sales plunge for Smith & Wesson owner
- Asher-Smith: New queen of European sprinting
- Kevin Smith celebrates major weight loss
- Hyde-Smith projected to win Mississippi runoff
- Why Cindy Hyde-Smith won in Mississippi