Police arrested a man accused of shooting at a Winston-Salem police officer and then barricading himself inside an apartment.
Antonio Deshawn Barr, 29, of Winston-Salem, faces multiple charges including assault with a deadly weapon on a government official, possession of a firearm by a felon and discharging a firearm in the city limits.
Officers were called to the Green Oaks apartment complex at 2550 Green Oaks Court shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday after a report of a shooting.
Cpl. K. S. Caffey entered the complex in her police car and heard a man yell at her, according to a police press release.
The man then allegedly fired two rounds at her from a handgun and ran inside an apartment.
Police and SWAT team crews responded and took the suspect into custody after a brief standoff, according to police.
Caffey has been with the Winston-Salem police for seven years and currently serves in the patrol division. She was not hurt.
Anyone with any information can call CrimeStoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Man accused of shooting at police officer and barricading himself inside Winston-Salem apartment
- Police looking for men accused of robbing Winston-Salem man
- Fallen Winston-Salem officer honored with bridge naming
- Gunman barricaded inside L.A. Trader Joe's
- Suspect barricaded in Florida apartment after shooting is found dead
- Man barricaded himself inside armored vehicle near Hoover Dam
- Suspected Burglar Barricades Himself Inside Glassell Park Motor Home
- Toddler provides adorable back-up for Winston-Salem police in Twitter photo
- Winston-Salem police make plans to prevent rocks being thrown at vehicles on highways
- Man charged with DWI after crashing into occupied ambulance in Winston-Salem