Dozens of Gwinnett police and SWAT officers descended on a Lawrenceville neighborhood located off Patterson Road on Wednesday after a teen allegedly stabbed his brother and father.
Shortly before 4 p.m., Gwinnett and Lawrenceville police responded to 2010 Spring End Court in unincorporated Lawrenceville after receiving reports that 17-year-old Maximilano Cardenas Garcia attacked his relatives with a sharp object - though exactly what it was is not immediately known - and fled on foot, according to Gwinnett County Police Department Sgt. Jake Smith.
When officers arrived on scene, they found the victims alive and transported them to a local hospital, Smith said.
Police deployed K-9 units and activated a SWAT team to find Garcia, who was later taken into custody near Pew Creek.
Smith said that while the stabbing was "domestic-related," a motive was not immediately known.
- Police: Teen in custody following stabbing of father, brother
- Teen charged with stabbing his younger brother
- Two in custody after Missoula stabbing
- Family gathers to remember man stabbed to death by brother
- See suspect in police custody
- 'Slenderman' stabbing: Teen committed to mental institution
- Tennessee Man kills teen brother over Honey Bun
- Parents want custody to stop transgender teen having hormone treatment
- Judge gives grandparents custody of Ohio transgender teen
- Father of teen accused in Bethany-area shooting speaks out